2020 Jubilee Cup – 2nd September
It is looking likely that we will need to find a team of 8 intrepid BGS golfers to take on our rivals (or is neighbours) of Surrey & Sussex, Hursley and North Harbour in the annual 4-way golf match.
Unlike previous years, we do not have a playing track record for our members this year to select the most inform team eg. Those at the top of our Champions Cup.
Therefore, we are looking for willing volunteers to offer to play in our team at Pine Ridge on Wednesday 2nd September. If you are available and would like to join the team then please email email@example.com with your current handicap. Phil and I will select our team from these nominations.
Don’t worry if you (like me) are a high handicap player – please offer to play.
If you look at last years scores you will see that the best three BGS players were high handicappers posting nett sub-par rounds 😉
Note – BGS will subsidise the costs by £15 a head. Our Pine Ridge members will pay just £7 a head whereas normal BGS members will pay £35. No money needed yet – if selected then expect to pay in mid-August.
Please consider offering to join the team. It would be nice to stop S&S winning 4 years in a row – they are becoming big headed about it. However, if we win then one of our team will have to organise the 2021 event!
Best wishes, Peter Norris and Phil Billin
PS – we are hopeful that we can start our 2020 stableford events on 18th September at East Berks. We will confirm this (and then ask for your money) in mid-August
Here are the current plans for the 2020 Jubilee Cup.
We will have a checkpoint in early August to make sure the event can go ahead as planned.
Date: Wednesday 2nd Sept 2020
Venue: Pine Ridge Golf Club
Address: Old Bisley Road, Frimley, Camberley, Surrey , GU16 9NX
Golf club website: https://pineridgegolf.co.uk/
– 10.00 Coffee and bacon brioche rolls
– 10.48 18 holes
– 16.30 Two course meal with coffee and tea. Results and prize giving.
Costs for the day –
- £50 per person
- £41.20 Crown Golf Members
- £22 Pine Ridge Members
We have agreed the following freebies with Pine Ridge:
- Prize fund of 10% of the total we spend – so equals £5 per head if all pay full price.
- A four ball voucher – Will be given to the winning captain so he can reward the best performers in his team after the event.
- Chance to win another society event at Pine Ridge – if any of us chip in from 20 yards before we play. Needs to be used within 2 months of our event. Need to fill in a short form before having a go (I assume for usual marketing purposes).
Jubilee Cup Competition rules:
- Play off yellow tees
- Maximum handicap of 28
- 8 players per team
- Modified net medal (score capped at 9 for par 4 or par 5, capped at 7 for par 3).
- Total net score – all 8 players count for team score
Main event – Jubilee cup contested by the four IBM societies
- Top individual score
- Nearest the pin
- Nearest the pin in two
- 2’s competition
Things still to be finalised by early August –
- Menu choices and special dietary requirements
- Locker room and shower arrangements (I know Pine Ridge do not provide towels but this may be irrelevant as not sure the showers will be open)
- Dress code
- Covid-19 rules
- Local rules eg bunker play, possibly play preferred lies on closely mown areas depending on fairway condition at that time